Everything that makes a domain, a domain
Similar to a postal address, a domain has different parts that help guide visitors to your website. There are two main parts in a domain that you should focus on
· Domain name: digital.bigredjelly is the domain name in digital.bigredjelly.com
· Top-level domain: This is the suffix of the domain. Examples include .com, .net., .org
Keep your domain name unique and you can register it using a domain name registry.
By choosing a memorable domain name, this will help whoever wants to view your website remember and familiarize themselves with it.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when choosing your domain:
1. This is your "first impression" –This is one of the first things your visitors will see when being introduced to your website, a good domain name can leave a nice and positive impression on your viewers.
2. Defines your brand – With a good domain, it can help define what your website is!
3. Shorter is better – Aim for 6-12 characters when choosing your domain name. This keeps it clear, concise, and rememberable.
4. Avoid hyphens and numbers – You want your domain name to roll off the tongue. By adding hyphens and numbers, it becomes clunky and awkward.
5. Use the Right Domain Extensions (.com, .org, .net) –These extensions at the end of your URL will help increase familiarity and will be easier to promote.
To read more tips on choosing your domain name, check out this website.